No matter your age, Halloween can be one of the most playful, spirited (and spooky!) times of the year. It only occurs once every 365 days, so why not make the most of it and step into some festive
How to get your home Halloween ready
Dated: October 28 2021
No matter your age, Halloween can be one of the most playful, spirited (and spooky!) times of the year. It only occurs once every 365 days, so why not make the most of it and step into some festive fall fun?! We’ve rounded up five of our favourite, most memorable ways to celebrate the season – from adorning your home with hauntingly boo-tiful holiday decor, to indulging in devilishly decadent Halloween-inspired recipes.
The countdown to October 31st is already on. Here are our ghoul-proof ideas to ensure a spooktacular Halloween that is all treat… and no trick!
- Decorate with drama: Spook up your home indoors and out with chic Halloween decor that reflects your personal style. Stick to a colour palette for your decorations, incorporating only a few shades, to maintain a cohesive seasonal look. Don’t be afraid to shy away from orange and black – pastels, metallics, and rich autumn hues also make for tasteful and modern Halloween decor colours.
- Make your home an Instagram-worthy backdrop: Who said costumes are only for children? Take things a step further and snap ultra-Instagrammable photos all night by tailoring your Halloween home decor to match your ensemble. Give yourself spirit points by coordinating costumes with friends, family, or even your pet! Explore your imaginative side and get fully into character with funky wigs, exaggerated makeup, and thoughtfully-paired accessories to really bring your costume to life.
- Get crafty: We can’t think of a better way to get into the Halloween spirit than rolling up your creative sleeves with the kiddos for home decor DIY magic. Check out Pinterest for pumpkin masterpiece inspiration, add some flair to your front door by designing a frighteningly stylish Halloween wreath, or craft up a seasonal holiday countdown calendar. There’s a fun and festive project for every family member to enjoy and bond over.
- Spook your entertainment space: You saw this one coming! Halloween and scary movie marathons go hand-in-hand. How about a costume party? Get your space ready with a generous stash of tasty seasonal treats, plush flannel blankets to snuggle up in, and your favourite pals to survive a hauntingly good night! Elevate the cozy factor with aromatic autumn candles – mahogany teakwood, vanilla pumpkin swirl, and luscious amber are fa-boo-lous fall scents that bring richness and warmth to any space.
- Make it sweet: Is it ever really a celebration without holiday-themed snacks? Be the “ghostess” with the mostest this year and whip up some heavenly Halloween-inspired desserts that are scary-good. From haunted gingerbread houses and drool-worthy pumpkin cheesecakes, to candy corn caramel apples and bat-shaped peanut butter cookies, there’s no better excuse than Halloween to surrender to your sugar cravings and dive into some wickedly delicious seasonal baking.
I am thrilled to offer my experience and expertise in the real estate market in the Comox Valley. It is with this enthusiasm and knowledge that I earned the 2020 Royal LePage President’s Gold Award....
Latest Blog Posts
Since the late spring of 2020, Canadian home prices have been rising at historic rates, following the onset of the global pandemic. Widespread lockdowns suddenly forced millions of workers and
Your home is your sanctuary; a safe and calm-inducing place you can retreat to at the end of the day. Did you know that our physical environment can affect our mental state? A cluttered countertop